Regents Canoe Club is one of many kayak clubs in London offering kayaking lessons, but this six week course will appeal to adults looking for a bit of excitement. The course is is designed for those who have little or no previous experience of paddling kayaks, but who want to get onto moving water by the end of the course.
You will begin by learning how to control your boat on the Regents canal and at pool sessions, before progressing to moving water and ultimately your first taste of white water! Sessions take place in the evening or at weekends.
The course runs over July and early August
Course dates for 2014
- Thursday 3 July 2014 Canal: 19:00 – 21:00
- Thursday 10 July 2014 Pool: 19:15 – 20:45
- Thursday 17 July 2014 Pool: 19:15 – 20:45
- Thursday 24 July 2014 Canal: 19:00 – 21:00
- Saturday 26 July 2014 Day Trip – all day
- Thursday 31 July 2014 Canal: 19:00 – 21:00
- Thursday 7 August 2014 Canal: 19:00 – 21:00
- Weekend 9-10 August 2014 Weekend: leaving Friday evening, returning Sunday evening
Participants on the course are welcome to use the club’s facilities on Monday and Thursday evenings without any additional charge, for the duration of the course.
Instructors are all experienced white water canoeists and kayakers, and all are unpaid volunteers. The cost of the course is £245.00 per person (payable by PayPal). This includes all tuition, hire of equipment, fuel costs for the day trip and weekend away, as well as breakfast, lunch and accommodation on the weekend away.
The club also charges a compulsory £60 refundable deposit for the club kit which you will use.
For more information see Regents Canoe Club